The part time Direct Support professional provides support(s) to a person(s) in their own home and in the community. The support(s) provided will vary and be individualized based on each person’s needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide supports to people served by assisting in the development and implementation of all support plans, assisting people in achieving their personal goals and desires, providing interaction and choices for activities that support a meaningful day, and supporting people to be independent in activities of daily living.
- Assist people with maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly home by following safety and infection control procedures; educates people about maintaining homes.
- Complete all required paperwork for each member receiving supports.
- Maintain and expands skills and knowledge relevant to providing high quality support and services.
- Obtain and maintains all required certifications and trainings and applies the information to support people served.
- Maintain confidentiality in respect of individual clients, employees and the organization.
- Adhere to precise procedures and standards with a high degree of accuracy in observing, recording and reporting data
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (GEG)
- Hold a valid Wisconsin or other valid driver’s license, a safe driving record and an acceptable level of automobile liability insurance
Work is performed in a typical office setting or other community settings. Travel may be required.