The Compliance Manager is responsible for effectively demonstrating compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements through managing audit requests and effective management of corrective action plans. The Compliance Manager will also support risk management activities by providing effective management of compliance investigations. The Compliance Manager will lead their team to ensure effective compliance functioning. This individual will embody the values of GT Independence and demonstrate the key competencies of this role.
Responsibilities and Duties:
General Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supports the accomplishment of corporate strategic plans related to compliance that achieve high impact and significant improvements in organizational performance.
- Systematically assists management and staff in applying the principles of project management to achieve results on time and within budget and is outcome oriented.
- Make recommendations regarding staffing levels in order to maintain an efficient, cost-effective program.
- Provides support to employees who lead or facilitate quality improvement activities.
- Provides project management, data analysis and measurement of outcomes, documents and reports the results and accomplishments compliance initiatives.
- Has input and impact on budgeting, controlling costs, planning, scheduling, and procedural change in order to achieve and maintain an efficient, cost-effective program.
- Performs under minimal supervision with accountability for specific goals/objectives. Works with the Director of Quality and Compliance, executive team, and others to develop performance improvement targets for compliance, service, and efficiency of the organization. Provides leadership for implementing changes targeted at systems improvement. Measures and evaluates attainment of results.
- Applies and skillfully uses techniques for system design, re-engineering, quality improvement, outcomes measurement, and statistical analysis.
- Assures that improvement activities are documented and reported within the organization and externally as appropriate.
- Demonstrates problem solving, leadership, conflict management, and team building skills in order to ensure a productive work environment and achievement of goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Upholds mission and values.
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
General Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Job-Related Experience: 2-4 years of experience relevant to the work performed
- Knowledge of principles and processes for compliance, and technical reading/writing.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Operation of computerized software programs, databases, and basic office equipment
- High level of confidentiality
- Written and oral communication with diverse populations