The Community Navigator provides support to participants and planning teams that assist participants in developing social networks and connections within local communities. The purpose of this service is to promote self-determination, increase independence and enhance the participant’s ability to interact with and contribute to his or her local community.
Responsibilities and Duties may include:
- Assist in forming and sustaining a full range of relationships with natural and community supports that allows the participant meaningful community integration and inclusion.
- Support the participant in developing social networks with community organizations to increase the participant’s opportunity to expand valued social relationships.
- Advocate and collaborate with other individuals and organizations on behalf o the participant.
- Coordinate services with the financial Support Services provider, if the individual is self-directing services under the Employer of Record Model, including guidance on use of the Individual and Family Directed
- Assist with the development of schedules and outlining staff duties
- Assist with understanding staff financial forms, qualifications and record keeping requirements, if the participant is self-directing services
- Provide on-going information to assure that participants and their families/representatives understand the responsibilities involved with participant direction, including reporting on expenditures and other relevant information and training
- Inform and coordinate community resources including coordination among primary, preventative and chronic care providers.
- Assist in locating options for renting or purchasing a personal residence, assist with purchasing furnishings for the personal residence.
General Education: Prefer a degree in a human services related field, or comparable work experience. Must possess excellent communication skills and the passion to help individuals successfully achieve their goals. Basic knowledge of guardianship, school systems and local community resources is preferred.
Job-Related Experience:1-2 years of experience relevant to the work performed
Job Type: Full-time